NDIS CARE PROVIDER SOLUTIONS
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to dFlip 3D Flipbook Wordpress Help documentation.
Introducing the Connections Program
The Connections Program is an innovative training initiative that provides opportunities for unqualified people wanting a career in the Care sector and also for established care workers looking for more work. Vative Healthcare continues to work closely with care providers to support a flexible approach to organisations’ training needs. With looming worker shortfall in key areas Active Recruitment directly supports organisations to attract suitable candidates to work in areas of skill shortage.
The purpose of the program is to streamline suitable candidates and have them job ready by simplifying the process of finding available jobs for care workers – without compromising quality.
The Connections Program is a national initiative open to people and providers all across Australia.
Vative Healthcare Covid-19 Training Initiatives
To meet the increasing demands on our front line workers Vative Healthcare has developed a suite of complementary Covid-19 response programs.
Online Webinar Learning
The programs will be delivered via online webinar technology avoiding the need for Face-to-Face contact.
All our programs have been developed and are delivered by registered Nurses with TAE training qualifications.
All successful students will receive a certificate of achievement
Click on the tabs below to find out more:
COVID -19 Intensive Community Safety Program
This 1-day program is specifically designed for carers, volunteers and family who need to have contact and enter client’s homes and environments during the COVID -19 pandemic in our community.
Topics covered include:
- Infection control
- Management of the deteriorating person
- Understanding what the COVID -19 virus is and how to manage it.
- Contact and self-care precautions – casual and close contact
Customer Service during COVID -19
This 1-day program is designed to assist those who are being moved into customer service roles.
The program will enable the person dealing directly with clients, families and carers to:
- Liaise with family and carers
- Build self -awareness techniques to understand and manage emotions
- Support themself through COVID-19, including grief and loss
- Develop strategies for managing difficult behaviour
- Appreciate models of care
- Problem solve on the spot and make decisions
Medical Terminology Course
This 1-day introduction to Medical Terminology, the language of the healthcare, will enable participants to better communicate with healthcare professionals and their clients.
- Specific examples relating to COVID–19 in an organisation and in the community
- Benefits of using medical terminology for communication
- Appropriate documentation and confidentiality
Food Handling for Food Preparers & Deliverers
This 1-day course is designed for new people who will be providing meals for people of need during the COVID-19 crisis. The course includes preparation, transporting and delivery to clients in the community.
Food safety practices and requirements include:
- Food safety, personal hygiene and legislative requirements
- Handwashing and infection control – correct use of Personal Protective Equipment e.g. gloves and cleaning COVID–19 specifics
- Cleanliness of food handling areas and prevention of cross-contamination
- Following a Food Safety Plan – steps and rules
- Prevention of illness – bacteria growth
This 1-day workshop is designed to educate and skill direct care workers, customer service roles and volunteers in meeting customer’s needs now during the COVID-19 and into the future.
The topics covered are:
- Liaising with family and carers
- Ways to communicate and how to use DISC
- Strategies for managing difficult behaviour and stress
- Models of care – active support and enablement “doing what I can to enhance independence’
- Wellness practical tips for customers during self-isolation
- Loneliness and managing isolation
- Ways to address barriers in the community and access to support and services e.g. medical appointments, shopping, paying bills, healthy eating, using medications wisely etc
A message from CEO Carmie Walker
In these unprecedented times, its easy to feel overwhelmed, but we think we can really help.
Because every organisation is different and has different needs, pressure points and budgets, I’d like to personally talk to you to explain how we might be able to relieve some of the pressure you must be experiencing. Contact my Executive Officer Kate Liddington to arrange an online live meeting:
Meet our Recruitment Partner
Active Recruitment was opened in 2003 with a mission to change the perception of the recruitment industry and we have been evolving ever since. We have never lost the traditional recruitment methodologies that work, but we have refined them and adapted them to suit our client’s and candidate’s needs.
We believe that our clients and candidates need to feel like they are the most important part of our business because they are. Our slogan is “Transform your experience” and that is a big statement that we live by every day.